Tags

, ,

It seems like its the year for handmade potholders!  I knew my mother-in-law was needing some new ones.  I tried to find coral fabric in my fabric stash, unfortunately I really didnt have any 😦  Hopefully the darker pink will work the same. 😛

I used this simple free pattern available from Thimbleberries.  I also used a batting called Insulbrite. I found mine at Walmart for $4.47 a yard.  I needed only 1/2 a yard.  I used 2 pieces of Insulbrite per potholder.   So the backing had a piece and the quilted part had a piece.

This was my first experiance with potholders.  I have to say, I was kind of dissapointed that my quilted piece stretched so badly.  Its not a nice square.  Not sure what I did. Use lots of pins/safety pins, I thought I had enough but obviously not.

Also, cut your binding on the bias.  If these are going to be used a lot, and probably washed a lot, you’ll need to make sure that it doesnt shrink.  At least, that’s the tip my mother gave me. 🙂

Advertisements