If movies were hard to find 10 years ago, I bet its even worse today. So I thought I’d share some of our favorites. This is by no means an exhaustive list; You can find more about the movie at imdb.com
1. Foyle’ War set backs- There is blood, they are detective movies set during WW2. Sometimes you do see a couple sleeping together but so far I havent seen anything beyond that, that I can think of. An occasional “cuss” word comes out.
2. Pollyanna- Old and newer version. Good clean for everyone. Still partial to the one with Haley Mills
3. Jane Austen- the newer Sense and Sensibility, the opening scene I would not recommend for children. I was kind of leary when I first saw it. The 1999 version of Mansfield park is HORRIBLE. Northanger Abbey is kind of confusing for some, but Jane AUsten wrote it as a mockery of people like the Bronte Sisters.
4. Tenant of Wildfell Hall- beautiful story however there is spousal abuse
5. Sgt York with Gary Cooper (good all around)
6. Elizabeth Gaskell movies (EXCELLENT!)
Wives and Daughters
North and South
Cranford- Return to Cranford
7. Larkrise to Candleford
8. Victoria and Albert A&E version, there is a bedroom scene when the boy is running through the castle to skip. When I was unmarried I wasnt allowed to hear the conversation between Victoria and her handmaid about the marriage night but when I was married, I couldnt see anything objectionable, all Victoria does is ask about it and the handmaid says, “I was advised to let the man take charge” that’s all I can recall (paraphrased)
9. Little Women Older version with Elizabeth Taylor and the newest one
10. The Pursuit of Hapyness- does have a husband and wife divorce situation. Touching story. Some cuss words.